Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Grammar - YUCK! and a Freebie

Hello on this beautiful day (at least here in KY).  It's kind of hard to sit inside while the weather outside is beautiful, but I am trying to take advantage of a week at home while the kids are still in school.  I recently completed a long-term sub job for a maternity leave.  It was fun and I met one of my new very best friends, Nicole from Teaching With Blonde Ambition.  Now I'm trying to get ready for my new 3rd grade job for next year.  So, here I sit inside! :)

Well, once I started looking over the 3rd Grade CCSS, I decided to start with grammar.  It is one of my least favorite subjects to teach.  Maybe because my experience with learning grammar was dull and boring.  And so that is how this new product idea was born.  I wanted to create something that was more engaging to the students.  They can work independently or in a group.  I can use it to either pre or post assess student knowledge or as a mini-lesson activity.  Very versatile!  I decided to start with nouns.  Pretty basic, but sometimes my past 4th graders could tell me that a noun was a "person, place, thing, or idea" and still have trouble being able to identify the noun in a sentence.

The first part in this series is a FREEBIE!  Click the image to hop on over to my TpT store to pick up your copy.  Check back in the next few days.  I will uploading singular/plural nouns, common/proper nouns, possessive nouns, and pronouns.


~Chelsea


4 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower. I too just finished a long-term sub. position for a teacher on maternity leave. I was just hired for a teaching position in third grade for this coming school year! I am so excited :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your new job. I'm excited about 3rd grade next year too! Glad you followed my blog. I'll stop by your blog also.

      Delete
  2. Awe....Chelsea, I miss you SO much!!! I hope that you are enjoying a little break before the boys get out of school. I think a lunch date is in our near future. :)

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lunch is a definite. Miss being there this week.

      Delete