Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Made It


Today I am linking up with...


So I saw these cute letters the other day and decided I would like to make a set.



I chose scrapbook paper that was close to my color scheme and got right to work. I used mod podge to glue the paper onto the letters. I wanted to make them look kind of scrappy to match my boho birds theme. Once they were finished, I decided the colors were not bold enough to match my other decor. I took some tempera paint and dry rubbed it on the paper to dye it a brighter color. Here is my finished product. 




My plan is to place these on the shelf with my classroom library.  A fun and bright way to label the books that students can check out of my classroom.

~Chelsea

7 comments:

  1. Very cute letters! They will add a lot of color to your room. Found you through the Made It linky. I'm also a third grade teacher! Thanks for sharing.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
  2. These letters are amazing! They are so fun and colorful! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So colorful! I've thought of doing this myself. I love your creativity!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. These letters are so bright and cheerful! Your kids will love them!

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea
    First of all I love your blog, I'm your newest follower. I MADE these same LETTERS today! How weird is that?!? Love your boho look, very sweet.
    xoxo
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your letters are so adorable! I love the BOHO look and the deep colors are fabulous! I am now your newest follower.

    Dee
    Mrs. B's Nook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured your letters on my first Tuesday Tea Time Talk. I hope that's okay! :)

    http://peanutgallery19.blogspot.com/2013/06/tuesday-tea-time-talk-books-and-letters.html

    ReplyDelete