Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made It

Hey guys! I've been on a mini vacation and super busy moving into my new school, so I've been saving up a few of my craft projects for this post. I'm excited to get to link up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for today's

I saw this kind of bulletin board trim on Pinterest a few weeks back and thought I'd give it a try. It took a little longer than stapling up boarder, but I think it adds a nice pop of color to the room. 


I have also been working on my clothespins. This set I will use to display a few things in the classroom, but I will also use them to display student work in our hallway. It was super easy. Measure, cut, hot glue, viola!


This set will be used for various things throughout the room like: clip charts, important reminders, notes home, ect...
I saw this on Pinterest also but it called for using RIT dye. I had four different colors I needed, so I didn't want to pay that much for dye. I decided to use food coloring instead. As you can see, they came out a little too light in color, so I placed a drop of food coloring on the clothespin while it was still wet and spread it out with a paint brush. A bit more tedious than dropping them in a vat of colored dye, but was a very cheap project. 







~Chelsea




7 comments:

  1. Your bulletin board is great!! I never thought to use ribbon on clothespins. I would paint then after it dried put white dots... your idea is much easier! I might even use washi tape.

    Patti
    One Class, One Sound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ribbon is definitely easy, but I like to Washi tape idea too!

      Delete
  2. Your bulletin board is so cute! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monica. I chose the colors to match my Boho Birds theme from Carson Dellosa.

      Delete
  3. Your bulletin board is adorable!

    Hooty
    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bulletin board looks like a labor of love, but so worth it! Very nice result. I too have never seen the ribbon on the clothespins. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. The bulletin board was definitely a lot of work. To top it off, the air conditioner in my classroom wasn't working so it felt like 100 degrees in there. On the other hand, the clothespins were a breeze to make! :)

      Delete