Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bright Ideas: Avoiding Junky Student Desks



Hello All! I'm super excited to be a part of this month's Bright Ideas Blog Hop. I love networking with other teachers and collecting tons of great ideas. 

I'd like to share my solution for one of my biggest pet peeves in the classroom - junky student desks. A couple of years ago I decided something had to be done instead of dumping out desks every couple of weeks to find old homework, signed papers, and half-eaten snacks! :) My solution - turn the student desks backward. 


This keeps the junk from piling up and students are no longer fiddling with items in their desk during instructional time. In place of a desk, we use student cubbies to organize our belongings and these are emptied out at the end of each day when we pack up to go home. 


This way I can quickly see who has a mess and have them clean it up before it multiplies! :)

I hope this bright idea helps you out in your classroom!


To keep moving along this blog hop, visit Tori's Teacher Tips with another great idea about using high frequency words to build fluency. Click below to check it out!


For many other great ideas, click below for either K-2 or 3-5 resources. Happy Hopping!




1 comment:

  1. Yup, I have found ALL sorts of interesting and awful things in student desks! Great point!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete