Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Planning for Next Year

Well, here I sit pondering how in the world it is already the middle of July.  Where has this summer gone? It's been a great one here.  Moved into our new home, took a mini vacation, presented and attended several professional development sessions, and both of my kids have camps this month.  I guess being so busy makes the time seem to fly.

I've been thinking a lot about how I want improve for next year.  One of my major goals is to be organized in one binder - lesson plans, grades, calendar, standards, and units.  The past couple of weeks we have been working on re-developing our math and reading units, which has helped me to be organized already.

I want to share with you my teaching binder for 2014-2015.  I'm so excited to already have this put together!


The first thing I did was scour TPT looking for a planning binder that fit my needs and planning style.

I came across this great editable one by Ashely McKenzie

Next, I edited it to fit my needs and uploaded it to Best Value Copy to have it printed in color, hole-punched, and spiral bound. It turned out fabulous!!!  I then added it to a 3 ring binder and labeled each section.















The teacher planner includes a lesson plan template, a section for grades, and a calendar.



I then added my yearly editable curriculum map (purchased from Traci Clausen), copies of our updated reading and math units, and the Common Core ELA and Math Standards.



I feel really good about starting off the new school year in an organized manner.  Now to keep it that way all year long!  :)

So tell me, what are some of your back to school organization must haves????

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome idea! I've never thought about sending anything to the local supply stores to be printed.

    ReplyDelete