So I must admit that blogging has not been my friend lately. My last post was in November. Since then I have celebrated Christmas, enjoyed our winter break from school, started back in January, endured snow days.... and then literally caught my hand on FIRE! Yep, you read that right. Staying home on snow days may not be the safest bet. I was trying to play the role of good mom - epic failure! ;) I was making homemade popcorn on the stovetop and the oil burst into flames and onto my hand, which in turn caught on fire. I then threw the pan across the floor and caught the kitchen floor on fire. I'm sure it was quite the scene when I screamed and everyone came running into the kitchen. Fire on the stove, floor, and my hand. Thankfully, it stopped at my hand and didn't catch any of my clothes on fire. It was the most painful thing I have ever endured, but again I am THANKFUL that I have recovered with only some scarring that the doctor says will eventually fade away. So glad I have full use of my hand these days. I took pictures along my journey, but I will spare you those. Let's just say it was gross.
After spending some time healing, I then found myself in the full out stress and panic mode before state testing. Searching, assessing, and deciding what skills my students needed to review most. I take my job of preparing my students very seriously, so it is hard not to internalize the stress, which also sucks every creative spark right out of you. So, I found myself exhausted and in a creative rut!
With the approach of summer break right around the corner (for real - I have 4 days of school left), I seem to be able to finally just BREATHE! That feels good. I have started thinking about some plans for next year.... and I see a classroom decor redo in my future. We'll see where that goes. For now, thanks for sticking around and waiting for me to return. I hope all is well in everyone else's world. Just be careful if you plan to make homemade popcorn anytime soon!