Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Thinking About A Classroom Update....



I have been out of school for about a week now.  I am trying to take some time to relax, but my mind is already engaged in what can be for next year.  Top of my list - updated classroom decor.  I inherited a turquoise painted classroom.  For the first 2 years, it was fine.  It was new and happy and bright.  I used the Boho Birds theme and it was great, but about a month before school was over, I walked into my classroom and just couldn't take it anymore!!! The bright color combination started to make me nauseous.  I knew it was time for a change.  So..... the one thing I KNOW that I do not want to take on is painting all of the walls. So what to do with those turquoise walls?  My one solution was to subdue the brightness.  After scouring Pinterest and teaching blogs, I think I have decided... Chalkboard and Burlap. I'm thinking along these lines:

Click on photo to visit the original website.
Click on photo to visit the original website.














Click on photo to visit the original website.

Click on photo to visit the original website. 
















Since this update is happening (I took down all of my other decor the last week of school- no backing out now), I took some time today to update my 3rd Grade I Can Learning Targets.

Click the image to visit my TPT store

This product will be free for the next 2 hours, after that it will be posted at the normal price.  Stop by, pick up your free copy soon, and leave some great feedback.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally jealous that you get to paint your classrooms. All of our classrooms are a pale, pale blue-grey color. It's very boring after a while.
    Ryan
    The Disneyfied Teacher

    ReplyDelete